Wednesday 17 April 2013

Prayer Book



THE SIGN OF THE CROSS 
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

MORNING PRAYER
O Jesus, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, the sins of my Loved Ones, the sins of the Whole World and for the relief of all the Souls of Purgatory.

COME, HOLY SPIRIT
O Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful, and enkindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created and You shall renew the face of the earth. Amen.

SACRED HEART PRAYER

Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us, humbly prostrate before Your altar. We are Yours and Yours we wish to be; but to be more surely united with You, behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Your most Sacred Heart. Many, indeed, have never known You; many too, despising Your precepts, have rejected You. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to Your Sacred Heart. Be You King, O Lord, not only of the faithful who have never forsaken You, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned You; grant that they may quickly return to Your Father's house, lest they die of wretchedness and hunger. Be You King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions, or whom discord keeps aloof, and call them back to the harbor of truth and unity of faith, so that soon there may be but one flock and one shepherd. Be You King also of all those
who sit in the ancient superstition of the Gentiles, and refuse not to deliver them out of darkness into the light and kingdom of God. Grant, O Lord, to Your Church, assurance of freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the Earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: Praise to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to it be glory and honor forever. Amen.

SACRED HEART CONSECRATION
To the Sacred Heart of Jesus I give myself and consecrate to the Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ, my person and my life, my actions, pains and sufferings, so that I may be unwilling to make use of any part of my being other than to honor, love and glorify the Sacred Heart. This is my unchanging purpose, namely, to be all His, and to do all things for the love of Him, at the same time renouncing with all my heart whatever is displeasing to Him. I therefore take You, 
O Sacred Heart, to be the focus of my love, the guardian of my life, my assurance of salvation, the remedy of my weakness and inconstancy, the atonement for all the faults of my life and my sure refuge at the hour of death. Be then, O Heart of goodness, my justification before God the Father, and turn away from me the strokes of his righteous anger. O Heart of love, I put all my confidence in You, for I fear everything from my own wickedness and frailty, but I hope for all things from Your goodness and bounty. Remove from me all that can displease You or resist Your holy will; let your pure love imprint Your image so deeply upon my heart, that I shall
never be able to forget You or to be separated from You. May I obtain from all Your loving kindness the grace of having my name written in Your Heart, for in You I desire to place all my happiness and glory, living and dying in bondage to You. Amen


ANIMA CHRISTI
Soul of Christ, be my sanctification; Body of Christ, be my salvation; Blood of Christ, fill all my veins; Water of Christ's side, wash out my stains; Passion of Christ, my comfort be; O good Jesus, listen to me; In Thy wounds I fain would hide; Never to be parted from Thy side; Guard me, should the foe assail me; Call me when my life shall fail me; Bid me come to Thee above, With Thy saints to sing Thy love,
World without end. Amen.

THE GOLDEN ARROW 
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on earth, and under the earth, by all the creatures of God, and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ, in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.

REPARATION TO THE TRINITY
O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of poor sinners.

GENERAL REPARATION
My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. I beg pardon of You for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love You.

THE FATIMA PRAYER
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Your mercy.

OUR FATHER
Our Father, who is in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name: Thy kingdom come: Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread: and forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. And lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

HAIL MARY
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed are you amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

PRAYER TO SAINT JOSEPH
Remember, O most pure spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, my sweet protector St. Joseph that no one ever had recourse to thy protection or implored thy aid without obtaining relief. Confiding therefore in thy goodness, I come before thee, and humbly supplicate thee. Oh, despise not my petitions, foster-father of the Redeemer, but graciously receive them. Amen. 


PRAYER TO SAINT MICHAEL
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray: and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

PRAYER TO THE GUARDIAN ANGEL
Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Always be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide. I praise you and I bless you for your guardianship! O Angel of Christ, my holy Guardian and Protector of my body and soul, forgive me all my sins. Deliver me from all the wiles of the enemy, that I may not anger my God by any sin. Pray for me, sinful and unworthy servant - that you may present me worthy of the kindness and mercy of the All-holy Trinity. May God bless you. Amen.

SAINT JOHN VIANNEY’S PRAYER
I love You, O my God, and my only desire is to love You until the last breath of my life. I love You, O my infinitely lovable God, and I would rather die loving You, than live without loving You. I love You, Lord, and the only grace I ask is to love You eternally My God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You, I want my heart to repeat it to You as often as I draw breath.

PRAYER TO SAINT FAUSTINA
O Jesus, who filled Saint Faustina with profound veneration for thy boundless mercy, deign, if it be Your holy will, to grant me through her intercession, the grace for which I fervently pray… Many sins render me unworthy for Your mercy, but be mindful of St. Faustina’s sacrifice and self-denial, and reward her virtues by granting the petitions, which I present, to You through her intercession.

SAINT FAUSTINA KOWALSKA’S HEALING PRAYER
Jesus, may Your pure and healthy blood circulate in my poor ailing organism, and may Your pure and healthy body transform my weak unhealthy body, and may a healthy and vigorous life flow once again within me, if it is truly Your Holy Will.  Amen.


Chaplet of Divine Mercy

THE SIGN OF THE CROSS 
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

OPENING PRAYERS
You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us. O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You! 

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY…
GLORY BE…


THE APOSTLES' CREED
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, the Son, our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. On the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

*****  X5
ETERNAL FATHER

Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world and those of all the souls of purgatory.

MERCY

X10
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy upon us, upon the whole world and upon all the souls of purgatory.
*****

HOLY GOD X3
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world, now and at the hour of our death, and have mercy upon all the souls of purgatory.

After 3rd time:  Amen

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

THE SIGN OF THE CROSS 
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.



Chaplet of Our Lady of Mercy

THE SIGN OF THE CROSS 
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

HAIL, HOLY QUEEN
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To you do we cry poor banished children of Eve. To you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement! O loving! O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen

*****  X5

MOTHER OF ALL GRACES

Mary, Mother of all graces, Mother of Divine Mercy, defend us from our enemies and receive us at the hour of our death.

MERCY    X10
Mary, Mother of Mercy, implore for us mercy of your son. 
*****

OPEN YOUR ARMS
You open your arms to us most merciful Mother, and stretch out your hands, full of mercies and gifts. Your Mother's heart is restless to endow us with everything we need. Encouraged by your goodness, we have confidence in you. We beg you to intercede for us. Mother obtaining for us all we need. Through your most powerful intercession, obtain from God especially the gift of chastity and innocence, and foster in our heart truly childlike love for you. So that we may bear the image of the Sacred Heart of your Son, may the Sacred Heart defend us, guide us, and take us to eternal light. Amen.

THE SIGN OF THE CROSS 
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Chaplet of St. Michael

THE SIGN OF THE CROSS 
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

1) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Seraphim may the Lord make us worthy to burn with the fire of perfect charity. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

2) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Cherubim may the Lord grant us the grace to leave the ways of sin and run in the paths of Christian perfection. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

3) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Thrones may the Lord infuse into our hearts a true and sincere spirit of humility. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

4) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Dominions may the Lord give us grace to govern our senses and overcome any unruly passions. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

5) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Powers may the Lord protect our souls against the snares and temptations of the devil. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

6) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Virtues may the Lord
preserve us from evil and falling into temptation. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

7) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Principalities may God fill our souls with a true spirit of obedience. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

8) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Archangels may the Lord give us perseverance in faith and in all good works in order that we may attain the glory of Heaven. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

9) By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Angels may the Lord grant us to be protected by them in this mortal life and conducted in the life to come to Heaven. Amen.

OUR FATHER…
HAIL MARY… X3

(Our Father is to be said in honor of each of the following leading Angels:  St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael and our Guardian Angel)

OUR FATHER… X4

CONCLUDING PRAYERS
O glorious prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the Heavenly hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King and our admirable conductor; you who shines with excellence and superhuman virtue - deliver us from all evil, who turn to you with confidence and enable us by your gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully every day. 

The Church venerates thee as protector and patron; to thee has God entrusted the souls of men to be established in Heavenly beatitude. Pray for us sinners, O glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ, that we may be made worthy of His promises.

O glorious Archangel St. Michael, Prince of the Heavenly host, defend us in battle, and in the struggle which is ours against the evil principalities and powers, against the rulers of this world of darkness, against spirits of evil in high places. Come to the aid of men, whom God created immortal, made in his own image and likeness, and redeemed at a great price from the tyranny of the devil.

Oh, pray to the God of peace that He may put satan under our feet, so far conquered that he may no longer be able to hold men in captivity and harm the Church. Offer our prayers in the sight of the Most High, so that they may quickly conciliate the mercies of the Lord; and beating down the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the devil and satan, do thou again make him captive in the abyss, that he may no longer seduce the nations.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray: and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Almighty and Everlasting God, Who, by a prodigy of goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael Prince of Thy Church, make us worthy, we beseech You, to be delivered from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of death, but that we may be conducted by him into the August Presence of Thy Divine Majesty. This we beg through the merits of Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.

THE SIGN OF THE CROSS 
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.


 
Prayers for all the Souls in Purgatory


O Jesus, Thou suffered and died that all mankind might be saved and brought to eternal happiness. Hear our pleas for mercy on all the souls in Purgatory:

PRAYER OF SAINT GERTRUDE 
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus Christ, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and within my family. Amen.

INSPIRATION
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I ask You through Your love of me, to inspire me and to inspire many people with a passionate devotion for the conversion of sinners, the relief of the souls of purgatory, the reparation of sins and the love of God. Amen.

O HOLY VICTIM 
O Holy victim for our salvation. You are perfect humanity, true divinity, the source and origin of our salvation. Have mercy on the deceased! You are our redeemer, O Jesus! You erase our sins and you forgive us. Have mercy on the deceased! Touched by our prayers, sweet Jesus, and by the supplications of all the faithful, receive our prayers, and have mercy on the deceased! 
O Jesus, we beg you to grant eternal rest to those who have died in your Grace. May the eternal and blessed light shine upon them. Amen.

Prayer for a Dying Person

Lord Jesus Christ! You who are the Son of God and Son of the Virgin Mary, God and Man, You who in fear sweated blood for us on the Mount of Olives in order to bring peace, and to offer Your Most Holy Death to God, Your Heavenly Father, for the salvation of (This dying person). If it be, however, that by his/her sins he/she merits eternal damnation, then may it be deflected from him/her. This, O Eternal Father through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Dear Son, Who lives and reigns in union with the Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ! You Who meekly died on the trunk of the Cross for us, submitting Your Will completely to Your Heavenly Father in order to bring peace and to offer Your most Holy Death to Your Heavenly Father in order to free (This dying person) and to hide from him/her what he/she has earned with his/her sins; grant this, O Eternal Father! Through Our Lord, Jesus, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You in union with the Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ! You Who remained silent to speak through the mouths of the Prophets: I have drawn You to me through Eternal Love, that Love which drew You from Heaven into the body of the Virgin, that Love which drew You from the body of the Virgin into the valley of this needful world, that Love which kept You 33 years in this world, and as a sign of Great Love, You have given Your Holy Body as True Food and Your Holy Blood as True Drink, as a sign of Great Love, You have consented to be a prisoner and to be led from one judge to another and as a sign of Great Love You have consented to be condemned to death, and have consented to die and to be buried and truly risen, and appeared to Your Holy Mother and all the Holy Apostles, and as a sign of Great Love You have ascended, under Your own Strength and Power, and sit at
the Right Hand of God, Your Heavenly Father, and You have sent Your Holy Spirit into the hearts of Your Apostles and the hearts of all who hope and believe in You. Through Your Sign of Eternal Love, open Heaven today and take (This dying person) and all his/her sins into the Realm of Your Heavenly Father, that he/she may reign with You now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment